All Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2018

August 10, 2012

School Days



It is hard to believe another year of school is just around the corner!  I am not sure I am ready for my kids to be heading back to school just yet.  In light of this upcoming event, I thought it might be nice to show you one of my "school days" creations from this past year.  Coming from a family of teachers, I realize how much these wonderful individuals do for our children each and every day.  So every year when Teacher Appreciation Week comes around, I like to do something special for my children's teachers.  This is what I made for my son's first grade teacher this year during Teacher Appreciation Week.  It is a teacher's survival kit.  I got the idea for the contents of the kit from fellow demonstrator, Lucia Dawe.  I hope this inspires you to recognize a teacher in your child's life this school year!

The contents of the kit follow a poem that is hooked to the underside of the lid:

Teacher’s Survival Kit

Animal cookies for when your classroom seems like a zoo.
Band-Aids for when things get a little rough.
Chewing Gum to help you stick to it.
Crayons to color your day bright and cheerful.
Candle for when you are up late grading papers.
Eraser to remind you everyone makes mistakes.
Lifesavers For when you've had one of those days.
Marbles to replace the ones you've lost.
Mounds Bar for the mounds of confidence you give your students.
Paperclips to hold it all together.
Pencil to "write your wrongs."
Rubber band to remind you to be flexible.
Shiny Penny to remind you that each will shine in his or her own special way.
Starburst to give you a "burst" of energy when you need it.
Tissues to wipe away the tears...yours and theirs.
Toothpick to help you "pick" out the good qualities in others and yourself,
and a prayer for you to say at the start of each day.

God, please help me,
to strengthen their voices,
bodies and minds,
to express their feelings and
control them sometimes,
to explore what's near
and venture afar,
but most important to love
who they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails