All Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2018

March 14, 2014

Magical Masking Tape Hits Scrapbooking

In January, my stamp club got to dabble in the Magical Masking Tape technique.  We made several cards with this easy as can be technique.  As I designed one of the cards, I thought it would be a great technique to carry over onto one of my scrapbook pages.  This page took no time at all!  The most time consuming part was die cutting the letters.

If you haven't tried this technique, it is something you should.  All you have to do is get some painter's tape (my preference) or masking tape and ink it up light or heavy depending on the effect you want to achieve and "stamp" it on to your paper.  I use painter's tape so it releases easy from the paper and does not risk tearing my project.  As you can see, I used this tape technique under my picture with two different colors and two different lengths of tape.

This project also uses the banner punch that you can earn for free this month with a $50 purchase.  I love this little punch.  It is a great addition to my scrapbooking supplies!  I also used new paper from our Occasions seasonal catalog that will only be available through the spring.

Here are the ingredients to recreate this page:
Stamps: None for this project...just painter's tape
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Tangerine Tango
Paper: Whisper White, Retro Fresh DSP, Pool Party
Accessories: Banner Punch, Typeset Alphabet Sizzix Dies

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails