All Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2018

May 5, 2018

The Play is the Thing



Last week, my youngest performed in his first musical ever, "Mulan, Jr.", in the role of Fa Zhou, Mulan's father.  He did such a fantastic job (proud mom moment)! To celebrate his first show, I wanted to get him something special, but it took me a little while to come up with something.  I finally found the perfect thing, a Jim Shore piece with Mulan and Fa Zhou under a cherry tree.  Unfortunately, the gift was not going to be here in time so I wanted to create a card with a hint of what was to come.  The Colorful Seasons Bundle was perfect to recreate the cherry blossom tree, significant to Mulan and her father.  The sentiment was so appropriate too.  Before each performance, he would say, "I need to breathe."  This stamp set and coordinating die cut are only available in the 10% discounted bundle through the end of this month.  After that, they will only be available for purchase individually.

Here are the details for my card:
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Ink: Early Espresso, Calypso Coral
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Seasonal Layers Framelits

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Amy and congrats to the new star I am sure there will be many more musicals.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails