All Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2018

September 2, 2013

Clean and Simple FTL256 Birthday Card



Last week, we worked with our Simply Pressed Clay during stamp club.  We had extra colored clay so I made a bunch of extra flowers.  I used them on the card my kids gave to their great-grandmother this weekend for her birthday.  This card was inspired by the sketch on Clean and Simple Stamping.
When I saw this sketch, I knew immediately that I needed to take out my bubble wrap for a "bubbly" background.  If you have never tried it, all you need is a piece of bubble wrap and a stamp pad.  Use your bubble wrap as a stamp for an interesting background.  To create the sparkly strip on the side, I covered a piece of Cool Caribbean cardstock with Versamark ink and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder and heated it to create my own shimmery specialty paper!  In the end, I had a super fun birthday card!

Here are all the ingredients:
Stamps: Bring on the Cake
Paper: Cool Caribbean, Whisper White
Ink: Cool Caribbean, Daffodil Delight, Versamark
Accessories: Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Simply Pressed Clay, Buttons and Blossoms Clay Molds, Melon Mambo Reinker, Bubble Wrap



2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm glad to be back in the saddle again. Just needed a little hiatus ;) Love this card. The colors are some of my faves and the bubble wrap technique is something I would have never thought of. Love the flowers too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails