All Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2018

August 14, 2013

Convention Inspired


This is the card I gave my husband for his birthday this month.  It was inspired by a Make and Take that I made at Convention.  I love how the glimmer paper is used to add a little glitz to the card.  We got many free stamp sets at Convention.  The Gorgeous Grunge set used in this card was one of those.  I was not sure what I thought of the set until I saw it in action and now I adore it!

Here are the details:
Stamps: Blue Ribbon, Gorgeous Grunge
Paper: Whisper White, Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana, Champagne Glimmer Paper
Ink: Island Indigo, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana
Accessories: 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch

I have made mention of Convention in my last several posts and today I would like to share with you some of the great things I got to do.  I got in a little early so decided to take a trip out to the Great Salt Lake.


Once Convention started, there was no time for sightseeing.  There was so much to do and not enough time to do everything.  We got to see demonstrations of new products, participate in Make and Takes, go on a tour of the home office, swap cards with demonstrators all around the world, participate in business and creative development classes, and enjoy thousands of samples on amazing sample board displays.  This year is Stampin' Up!'s 25th birthday, so the giveaways were tremendous and we even got to celebrate with a 25th birthday party with many sweet treats.


One of the best things that I got to do was get to know members of my upline/sideline, basically my Stampin' Up! family who live several states away.  What a great group of ladies!  I made friends that I hope to keep in touch with and visit for years to come!  I am so glad my first Convention after almost 10 years was this one!  I am so glad to be a part of such a great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails