All Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2018

August 16, 2018

A Pop of Gorgeous Grape


Tonight, I meet with my 10 lovely stamp club ladies.  I promised them to keep things moderately simple this month since last month I had them doing some complicated folding and endless die cutting.  While keeping things simple, I don't want to get too simple since many of these ladies have been stamping a long time.  I thought this card featuring our "Color Your Season" products would do the trick.  Who can't resist a little soothing coloring?  I know I can't!

This product line, only available this month, has truly captured my fancy!  I am loving playing with it!  I will admit a few epic fails in the coloring of the flowers (ie accidently not cleaning my blender pen that was used to mix the yellow and dragging it through the purple-not pretty!), but failure has allowed me to perfect my technique.  It had been a while since I had pulled out my blender pens to use with water color pencils.  You really want to avoid going over the same area too much or you will get pilling of your paper (probably something you remember doing as a kid with markers-I know I do!).  I find nice circular motions blend colors the best.  I lightly color the flowers in gorgeous grape and make nice dark lines in the "veins" of the flower for variation of color.  My best advice is to play with your pencils and find what works best for you!

Here are the ingredients for this card:
Stamps: Blended Seasons
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Gorgeous Grape
Ink: Stazon Jet Black
Accessories: Water Color Pencil Assortment II

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails